January 20, 21 & 22, 2017
Includes the following:
- Friday Evening: “Truffles Deconstructed, or Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Truffles but Didn’t Know Who to Ask” with Harold McGee and Dave Arnold – Chehalem Cultural Center
- Bliss Food: A Sensual, Rustic Dinner, hosted by Harold McGee and Dave Arnold – Youngberg Hill
- Saturday Morning: Breakfast – Chehalem Cultural Center
- Bringing It Home: Saturday hands on cooking class, guided truffle and wine pairing/tasting, and truffle luncheon* – Alexana Winery
- NEW Saturday Event! 5:00-6:30 pm Happy Hour in Downtown McMinnville hosted by Elizabeth Chambers Cellar
- Sunday Oregon Truffle Marketplace – Chehalem Cultural Center
“Truffles Deconstructed, or Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Truffles but Didn’t Know Who to Ask” with Harold McGee and Dave Arnold
Featured Chef: Matthew Lightner
Our evening will begin with a talk about the mysteries of truffles with two of the food world’s leading thought leaders. Learn why truffles are dubbed “bliss food” when fully experienced. We’ll then move into a panel discussion moderated by Peter Meehan from Lucky Peach focused on the Oregon winter white and black truffles. Both events will be accompanied by a variety of beverages and small truffle bites.
Bliss Food: A Sensual, Rustic Dinner hosted by Harold McGee and Dave Arnold
Featured Chefs: Chris Czarnecki, Erick Caballero
Weekend guests will be shuttled to the gorgeous new event center at Youngberg Hill for a multi-course dinner featuring two notable Oregon chefs, and accompanied by fine wines from four outstanding Dundee Hills wineries. We’re certain you’ll know after this evening, if you don’t already, why the name bliss food is so well deserved!
Bringing it Home: Cooking with truffles and Winery lunch
Featured Chef: Jody Kropf
Weekenders who choose this option will have a hands-on experience in cooking with Oregon truffles, including how to infuse them into your own truffle oil! The cooking class will be held at a wonderful winery venue with guest chefs and includes a delicious lunch with a session on truffle and wine pairings, and the flavor notes in each. Recipes included.
NEW! Happy Hour in Downtown McMinnville hosted by Elizabeth Chambers Cellar
Saturday, January 21, 5:00-6:30 pm
Introducing Oregon Truffle Vodka, produced for OTF guests by Bull Run Distillery using Oregon winter white truffles. Sip some great wines, savor a truffle vodka martini, enjoy truffle bites, and explore the warm and inviting community that is McMinnville’s historic downtown.
All of our Black & White Dinner series restaurants are within a short walk. FREE Shuttle service between your lodging in McMinnville and the Happy Hour and B&W dinners is available through Visit McMinnville.
Fresh Truffle Marketplace
The signature Fresh Truffle Marketplace is a unique tasting and demonstration experience that brings together fresh ripe Oregon truffles, regional wines, artisan foods, and craft products and services related to the burgeoning regional truffle industry as well as our local farm and forest to table bounty. OTF’s Marketplace offers fresh native truffles for sale, wine tasting, artisan food sampling and sales, truffle cooking demonstrations with tasting and recipes, a truffle dog demonstration and a lecture series to ensure a complete experience with the glorious Oregon native truffles.
Sponsors & Partners: Chehelam Cultural Center
* A la carte tickets to Saturday evening’s Black + White Winemaker Dinner Series featuring four outstanding McMinnville Oregon restaurants are available now.